Matt Might, Matt.Might.Net
"Every fall, I explain to a fresh batch of Ph.D. students what a Ph.D. is.
It's hard to describe it in words.
So, I use pictures. "
Bottomline: "So, don't forget the bigger picture:" Read the visualizations: here
Read also the comments from readers (see full list of 41 comments here)
On the same shelf:
- Life as a Doctoral Student | Department of Industrial Engineering
- Working life of doctoral students : challenges for research education
- Nowhere to turn | Education | The Guardian -- Neither a good first degree nor a taught masters adequately prepares new PhD students for the life of doctoral research.
- PHD Comics: Running Behind
- PhD Timeline Checklist
- PhD Program Timeline
- Timeline for a PhD Dissertation - Boku